Produced for Southern Railways (SR). This is one of two posters commissioned as part of the celebrations that took place in 1948 to mark the centenary of the opening of Waterloo Station. The cushion commemorates ‘a centenary of uninterrupted service during war and peace’. Artwork by Helen McKie, who studied at the Lambeth School of Art and exhibited at the Paris Salon and at leading London galleries. In addition to designing posters for the Southern Railway (SR), she also wrote and illustrated booklets and other publicity material and designed uniforms and upholstery. In 1939 she was asked to decorate two new coaches for the cross-Channel service.
We now offer size, fabric & filling options on selected cushion collections. So please use the drop menu on the right, to customize your order.
- Vegan–friendly, super soft faux suede (100% Polyester) with a coloured back panel and zip fasting.
- Our 100% cotton / linen mix gives a natural feel and look. It is finished with a concealed zip.
- All our heritage and retro collections are best suited to this fabric choice.
All cushions are:
- Lovingly handmade in UK
- Machine washable (check care label prior to washing)
- Design is Printed on one side only