Produced for the London & North Eastern Railway (LNER) to promote rail travel to the popular Suffolk coastal resort of Felixstowe. The cushion shows a woman waterskiing behind a man in a power boat, Artwork by Tom Purvis (1888-1957), who rallied for the professionalisation of commercial art. In 1930 he was one of the group of artists who founded the Society of Industrial Artists, which campaigned for improved standards of training for commercial artists in order to broaden their scope of employment. He became one of the first Royal Designers for Industry in 1936.
This railway cushion represents London & North Eastern Railway travel cushion to promote rail services to the Lake District in Felixtowe. The poster is illustrated with a Felixstowe Waterskiing event.
We now offer size, fabric & filling options on selected cushion collections. So please use the drop menu on the right, to customize your order.
- Vegan–friendly, super soft faux suede (100% Polyester) with a coloured back panel and zip fasting.
- Our 100% cotton / linen mix gives a natural feel and look. It is finished with a concealed zip.
- All our heritage and retro collections are best suited to this fabric choice.
All cushions are:
- Lovingly handmade in UK
- Machine washable (check care label prior to washing)
- Design is Printed on one side only