This cushion is produced for British Railways (BR) to promote rail travel to the Yorkshire coast. The cushion shows a view of Robin Hood’s Bay, which lies on the Yorkshire coast between Whitby and Scarborough. Whilst the association of the legendary figure of Robin Hood with the town is probably dubious, it was home to a thriving smuggling industry in past times. Artwork by Frank Sherwin.
This railway cushion represents art produced around 1930 by British Railway showing pleasant view of sea shore of Yorkshire Coast besides house roofs and two ladies enjoying the view from top of hill.
We now offer size, fabric & filling options on selected cushion collections. So please use the drop menu on the right, to customize your order.
- Vegan–friendly, super soft faux suede (100% Polyester) with a coloured back panel and zip fasting.
- Our 100% cotton / linen mix gives a natural feel and look. It is finished with a concealed zip.
- All our heritage and retro collections are best suited to this fabric choice.
All cushions are:
- Lovingly handmade in UK
- Machine washable (check care label prior to washing)
- Design is Printed on one side only