Produced for British Railways (BR) to promote rail travel to the Yorkshire Dales. The cushion shows a landscape view of the Dales, with a river winding its way through the countryside and some ruins on a hill in the background. Artwork by Leonard Russell Squirrell (1893-1979).
British Railways (North Eastern Region) travel art cushion of The Yorkshire Dales showing hills, moors, valleys and a small hamlet with an old church. In the foreground a shepherd rests by the tranquil riverside. The descriptive text at bottom reads, A land of narrow valleys and attractive villages, of heather-covered hills and moors, of ancient abbeys and castles, the principal dales are readily accessible by rail and form a holiday paradise for walkers, anglers and all who prefer the quieter place 1953.
We now offer size, fabric & filling options on selected cushion collections. So please use the drop menu on the right, to customize your order.
- Vegan–friendly, super soft faux suede (100% Polyester) with a coloured back panel and zip fasting.
- Our 100% cotton / linen mix gives a natural feel and look. It is finished with a concealed zip.
- All our heritage and retro collections are best suited to this fabric choice.
All cushions are:
- Lovingly handmade in UK
- Machine washable (check care label prior to washing)
- Design is Printed on one side only